Mustard Microgreen 114g
| Ask a question
- Up to 12 days. Southern Giant Mustard Seeds. Another oriental mustard with a stronger mustard bite that other oriental mustards. Makes a great choice for sandwiches or garnishes. Colorful green leaves with reddish highlights. Southern giant mustard is a beautiful, large leafed microgreen. It is a strong spicy mustard flavor.
- Latin Name: brassica juncea
- Other Names:
- Days to Maturity: 8-12 days
- Growth Medium: Soil or Hydroponic
- Color:A white stem with a bright green top
- Flavor: A bold mustard flavor with spice
- Nutrients: antioxidants, fiber, Vitamins A,C, E, and K
Mustard Microgreens grow quickly and uniformally like most brassicas in the right conditions. A fairly warm spot with good airflow and light. Spread your mustard seeds over the surface of your chosen medium whether that be soil or a hydroponic medium. Spread them across the surface; the more dense, the thicker the greens will be. Beware of too many seeds because that can lead to overcrowding and ultimately, crop failure. After the seeds are sown, place something over the tray to block out any light for the first 2 days—the seeds will germinate in the dark. After those 2 days, remove the cover and place your tray in a sunny area or under light. We recommend using grow light, since growing them next to a window can cause your greens to lean and become stemmy.