Arugula Slow Bolt O
| Ask a question
Organic Slow Bolt arugula seeds grow a deliciously tender, yet surprisingly garden-hardy vegetable green. Popularly grown for its 2-3" long "baby" arugula leaves, organic Slow Bolt arugula is harvestable as early as 6 weeks after sowing or can be left in the garden as a quickly spreading green similar to dandelion. While most arugula cultivars will threaten to bolt to seed with a touch of summer heat, organic Slow Bolt arugula is more tolerant to warmer regions, keeping arugula plants greener and tastier for longer.
- Slow Bolt Arugula Latin Name: Eruca vesicaria sativa
- Slow Bolt Arugula Days to Maturity: 40-45
- Slow Bolt Arugula Seeding Depth: 1/4"
- Slow Bolt Arugula Plant Spacing: 6-12"
- Slow Bolt Arugula Habit: Weedy and quickly spreading mound similar to dandelion or mustard
- Slow Bolt Arugula Soil: Organic, fertilized, consistently moist, well-drained
- Slow Bolt Arugula Grow Temp: Cooler, 45-65°F
- Slow Bolt Arugula Sun: Full sun in cooler climates, partial shade in warm summers
- Slow Bolt Arugula Color: Classic leafy salad greens
- Slow Bolt Arugula Flavor: Bright and peppery similar to mustard to radish "baby greens". Smaller 2-3" leaves will be sweeter and more tender that larger, more coarse greens.