Beetroot Mix O
60 days. Heirloom, Non-GMO. Certified Organic. This mix of Detroit Red and Golden Beet seeds will make for a colorful and tasty harvest with all the warm shades of summer. This is a packaged mix of seeds for both red and golden Detroit Beet gardening seeds. This mix can work perfectly for a colorful vegetable harvest. The Beets are great for cooking or pickling, and the greens can work well as part of a salad.
- Latin Name: Beta vulgaris
- Other Names:
- Days to Plant Maturity: 60 days
- Hardiness Zone: 3-9
- Seed Planting Depth: 1/2"
- Plant Spacing: 4"
- Row Spacing: 12-18"
- Growth Habit: Upright
- Soil Preference: Light, moist soil, 6.5 to 7 ph. Can do well in poor soils.
- Temp Preference: Warmer
- Light Preference: Full sun or partial shade
- Pests/diseases: Susceptible to fungal leaf spots, powdery mildew, aphids and caterpillars.
- Color:Red and Gold
- Flavor: Tender texture, sweet