Write a review
| Ask a question
60 days. Parisian Carrot Seeds. Daucus carota subsp. sativus. Non-GMO. Heirloom. The Parisian Carrot is unique in both its shape and ability to grow in difficult soils. This carrot variety grows roots that are very short and squat, they are practically in a globe shape. Because of their short growth pattern, they can be grown in heavy soils where long carrots are difficult to grow. Like all carrots, it does best in well-drained and sandy soils, but unlike others, it can grow in rocky soil.
- Latin Name: Daucus carota subsp. sativus
Days to Maturity: 55-60
- Days to Germination: 14-21
- Seeding Depth: 1/2"
- Plant Spacing: 2-4"
- Row Spacing: 18-24"
- Plant Height: 6-18"
- Growth Habit: Upright taproot
- Soil Preference: Loose, loamy, composted, well-drained
- Temperature Preference: 55-75 °F
- Light Preference: Full sun
- Parisian Carrot Color: Classic orange skin and flesh
- Parisian Carrot Flavor: Extra sweet and tender compared to standard varieties of carrot