| Ask a question
60-90 days. Genovese basil seeds. Ocimum basilicum. Non-GMO. Open Pollinated. Genovese is a sweet basil heirloom native to the Italian provinces of Genoa, Savona, and Imperia; while locals are decided that true Genovese hails from the Genoa district of Prá. Sweet basil is preferred in Italian cuisine because it lacks the “minty” notes as found in more aggressive cultivars, allowing for more bold, savory notes to highlight the dish.
- Latin Name: Ocimum basilicum
- Days to Maturity: 60 (90 days for seeds)
- Days to Germination: 5-10
- Seeding Depth: 1/2"
- Plant Width: 9-12"
- Row Spacing: 9-12"
- Plant Height: 12-24"
- Growth Habit: Tender leaf and bushy shrub
- Soil Preference: Consistently moist, fertile, well-drained
- Temperature Preference: 65-80°F
- Light Preference: Full sun
Genovese Basil Color: Rich, dark green Genovese-style leaf
- Genovese Basil Flavor: Classic savory, non-sweet, cultivar