Pepper Big Jim
Big Jim smashes world records for largest chili pepper variety, with mammoth pods that reach a whopping 1 foot in length. The perfect pepper for chiles rellenos, grilling or stuffing, Big Jim delivers a perfect medium heat, a bit milder than an average jalapeño. A hardy and vigorous introduction from the chili pepper breeding project at New Mexico State University.
- Latin Name: Capsicum annuum
- Big Jim Pepper seed Days to Maturity: 70-100 days
Big Jim Pepper seed Planting Depth:1/4"
- Big Jim Pepper seed Plant Spacing: 12-18”
- Big Jim Pepper Growth Habit: Sturdy Upright
- Soil Preference: Fertile, Organically rich, Well-drained
- Temperature Preference: Warm, 70-85° F
- Light Preference: Full sun
Big Jim Pepper seed Color: Green to Red
- Big Jim Pepper seed Flavor: Mild to medium spiciness overall, though individual plants vary.