90-130 days Allium ampeloprasum.
Large American Flag seeds produce leeks with large stems and leaves. This hardy crop can tolerate cold climates.
Leeks have a mild flavor, similar to onions, and can be used in stews, soups, and salads.
- Latin Name: Allium ampeloprasum
Days to Maturity: 90-130
- Days to Germination: 7-14
- Seeding Depth: 1/4"
- Plant Spacing: 4-6"
- Row Spacing: 8-16"
- Plant Height: 18-24"
- Growth Habit: Sturdy upright stalk
- Soil Preference: Loose, lighty, fertile, well-drained
- Temperature Preference: 55-75 °F
- Light Preference: Full sun
Large American Flag Leek Color: Lightly green and white stalks, flesh, and meat
- Large American Flag Leek Flavor: Mildy sweet and onion-like