Lettuce Leaf Basil is a sweet cultivar that comes from Japan and has a similar to Italian basil. This type of basil develops crimped, 5” bright-green leaves with thicker stems—giving off a sweet scent.
Lettuce Leaf Basil has been used as medicinal remedies to help digestion. This herb is popular as a fresh addition to salads and an ideal ingredient in Asian cuisine. With its mild verdant flavor and abundant growth, this type of basil also makes a perfectly crisp lettuce for sandwiches and savory chicken wraps.
- Lettuce Leaf Basil Herb Days to Maturity: 60+(leaves) 90+(seeds)
Lettuce Leaf Basil Seed Planting Depth: 1/4”
- Lettuce Leaf Basil Seed Plant Spacing: 12-16”
- Lettuce Leaf Basil Growth Habit: Upright/compact bush
- Soil Preference: Rich and well-drained
- Temp Preference: Warmer
- Light Preference: Full sun
Lettuce Leaf Basil Herb Color: Bright-green leaves, white flowers
- Lettuce Leaf Basil Herb Seed Flavor: Sweet, crisp mild verdant, fresh