Marigold Crackjack Mix
77 – 84 days. Cracker Jack seeds grow a vibrant golden orange and yellow mix of the famous African Marigold that promises to excite your porch, patio, and garden. Cracker Jack seeds grow summer-hardy marigolds reaching as high as 36” tall showing off brilliant, AAS award-winning 3 – 5½” blooms. Cracker Jack marigold is a unique, floral shop favorite used as a bright orange substitute to hydrangea. Cracker Jack marigold seeds grow tenacious garden performers noted by AAS judges for “large fully double blooms” and being “fade resistant."
- Taxonomy: Tagetes erecta
- Other names: African Marigold, Aztec Marigold, American Marigold, Big Marigold
- Days to Maturity: 77-84 days
- Days to Germination: 7-14
Planting Depth: Sow 2–3 seeds ¼” deep
- Plant Spacing: 6-9"
- Plant Height: 12-24"
- Row Spacing: 12-18"
- Growth Habit: 24–36” tall bushy upright with a 9– 2” spread of enormous 3–5½” fully-double marigold blooms
- Soil Preference: Average, evenly moist, well-drained
- Temp Preference: 60-85 °F
- Light Preference: Full sun