Okra Clemson Spineless
55 days. This AAS winner is a highly popular variety of okra for its fantastic texture and flavor. Pods grow 6-9 inches long with slightly tapered ends and ribbing. Plants are 3 feet tall. Pods are most tender when they are harvested at 3 inches long. Delicious fried, and used in soups and cooked dishes. Fine quality and prolific.
- Latin Name: Abelmoschus esculentus
Days to Maturity: 60-70
- Days to Germination: 4-14
- Seeding Depth: 1/2"
- Plant Spacing: 18-24"
- Row Spacing: 36"
- Plant Height: 36-60"
- Growth Habit: Bushy upright
- Soil Preference: Rich, loamy, composted, well-drained
- Temperature Preference: 75-90 °F
- Light Preference: Full sun
Clemson Spineless Color: Dark to light green pods
- Clemson Spineless Flavor: Sweet, herbal, grassy notes