Onion Candy H
Write a review
| Ask a question
Candy Hybrid Onion Seeds. 85 days. Here is a day-neutral onion that can be successfully grown in the North or South, and basically anywhere in the country. It has a sensational mild and sweet flavor that tastes like a southern short-day onion. Performs best when planted in the spring and produces jumbo to colossal size bulbs very quickly. Thick white rings under golden-brown skin.
- Latin Name: Allium cepa 'Candy'
- Other Names: Candy Sweet Onion
- Days to Maturity: 85 days
Planting Depth: 1/4 - ½”
- Plant Spacing: 4 - 6”
- Row Spacing: 12-18"
- Growth Habit: Bulb with upright habit
- Soil Preference: Well-drained fertile soil
- Temp Preference: 60- 65 F
- Light Preference: Full sun
- Flavor: Sweet, mild