Onion Utah Yellow
Yellow Sweet Spanish Onion Seeds (110 days)
Allium cepa. Heirloom. This yellow onion is considered a long-day type. Large bulbs weighing over a pound have great storage capabilities. This Spanish Onion is relatively easy to grow with moderate pink root tolerance.
The Utah Yellow Spanish Onion is a great slicing onion. Spanish Onions are known for being large and these onions make great onions for sandwiches as well. Delicious in marinara, chili, or stew.
- Latin Name: Allium cepa
- Onion Type: Long Day
- Days to Maturity: 100-115
- Days to Germination: 4-10
- Seeding Depth: 1/2"
- Plant Spacing: 4-6"
- Row Spacing: 18-24"
- Plant Height: 12-18"
- Growth Habit: Bulbous-rooted upright
- Soil Preference: Sandy, loose, composted, well-drained
- Temperature Preference: 55-75 °F
- Light Preference: Full sun
Utah Yellow Sweet Spanish Color: Golden yellow meat and husk
- Utah Yellow Sweet Spanish Flavor: Sweet, mild, and enjoyed raw more than most yellow onions.