Write a review
| 1 answered question
110 days. A very colorful strain of habanero, Caribbean Red has a very unique flavor, much more potent than a typical Orange Habanero with a very pungent fruity aroma. 1 3/4 inches long by 2 inches wide wrinkled hot peppers. Treat this fireball with respect as it up to 400,000 Scoville units.
- Latin Name: Capsicum chinense 'Habanero Orange'
- Other Names: Habaneros; hot orange peppers; habanero chili; hot orange chilies
- Days to Maturity: 90 days
Planting Depth: 1/4”
- Plant Spacing: 12-24” in rows; 14-16" in raised beds
- Row Spacing: 2-3’
- Growth Habit: 24-36" tall; 1" x 1-1/2" waxy, orange, lantern-shaped habanero peppers
- Soil Preference: Moist, well-drained loamy soil; slightly acidic pH between 5.0 and 6.0
- Temp Preference: 60-75 degrees F at night; below 90 degrees F during the day
- Light Preference: Full sun
Color: Green to orange peppers; white flowers; green foliage
- Flavor: Very hot