Pepper Hot Cayenne
An improved variety of the classic red, Long Red Thin cayenne is cultivated for meatier, more durable peppers. Maturing at 24-36" tall and 30,000-50,000 SHU, Long Red Thin has got a little extra kick than the traditional cayenne. Long Red Thin is ideal for dehydrating and sending through a spice grinder.
- Latin Name: Capsicum annuum
Days to Maturity: 75-90
- Days to Germination: 7-21
- Seeding Depth: 1/4"
- Plant Spacing: 12-18"
- Row Spacing: 18-24"
- Plant Height: 18-36"
- Growth Habit: Sturdy upright
- Soil Preference: Fertile, organically rich, well-drained
- Temperature Preference: 70-90 °F
- Light Preference: Full sun
- Cayenne Long Slim Color: Bright green while developing and dark red when ready to harvest
- Cayenne Long Slim Scoville: 30,000-50,000 SHU