Pepper Hot Thai Culinary
80-90 days. Thai Chili Hot Pepper Seeds. Capsicum annuum. Open Pollinated. Non-GMO. Sometimes known as “Bird’s Eye Chili” throughout the pepper world, Thai hot peppers are one of the most diverse, easily recognizable varieties. Nearly 80 different types of Thai pepper, the hot Thai registers at 50,000-100,000 SHU, about 10x hotter than a jalapeño, yet far milder than the infamous habanero or Carolina reaper. Turns orange, purple, and red when ready to harvest
- Latin Name: Capsicum annuum
Days to Maturity: 80-90
- Days to Germination: 7-21
- Seeding Depth: 1/4"
- Plant Spacing: 12-18"
- Row Spacing: 18-24"
- Plant Height: 18-36"
- Growth Habit: Sturdy upright
- Soil Preference: Fertile, organically rich, well-drained
- Temperature Preference: 70-90 °F
- Light Preference: Full sun
- Thai Chili Color: Dark green then bright orange, purple, and red when ready to harvest
- Thai Chili Scoville: ~50,000-100,000 SHU