Pumpkin Sugar Pie
Also widely known as the New England pumpkin, the Sugar Pie is a true American heirloom and culinary standard.
Sugar Pie pumpkin is can be harvested as early as 85 days, producing a small, round fruits that mature quickly. New England Pumpkin is sweet and fine-grained, and this makes it a perfect baking pumpkin. It stores well. This is the perfect small-to-medium pumpkin to grow in your garden.
- Latin Name: Cucurbita pepo
Days to Maturity: 85-100
- Days to Germination: 4-10
- Seeding Depth: 1"
- Plant Spacing: 4-8 feet
- Row Spacing: 4-8 feet
- Plant Height: 18-24"
- Growth Habit: Wide-trailing vining mound
- Soil Preference: Fertile, composted, moist, well-drained
- Temperature Preference: 60-90 °F
- Light Preference: Full sun
Sugar Pie Pumpkin Color: Classic Halloween orange
- Sugar Pie Pumpkin Flavor: Sweet winter squash flavor