Red Kale Microgreen • كيل روسي ميكروجرين
Up to 12 days. Check out this vibrant Kale Microgreen with a dark green leaves and varigated stems of pink, floral purple, and at times, bright red. Has a consitant flavor compared to other Kale microgreens: nutty and robust—similiar to mustard, only less spicy!
Growing Red Russian Kale Microgreens
- Latin Name: brassica oleracea
- Other Names:
- Days to Maturity: 8-12 days
- Growth Medium: Soil or Hydroponic
- Color: Assorted colors of red and pink stems with dark green leaves
- Flavor: A strong broccoli flavor, nutty and rich
- Nutrients: antioxidants, fiber, Vitamins A,C, and K, iron, and copper
- Depending on the variety of kale that you choose, the color in the stems and leaves may vary. Forexample, Red Russian Kale is can range of floral purple stems to a bright pink—it is not uncommon to get a mixture of these in one crop.
Growing Kale Microgreens is quite easy; as long as you follow a few basic steps, you should have a plentiful harvest of microgreens in no time. Prepare your growth medium, whether it be soil or a hydroponic growth mat, by getting it sufficiently moist. Spread seeds evenly across the surface of the growth medium. The desnser you sow the seeds, the thicker your crop will turn out. However, be wary of over-seeding, which can lead to to the seeds becoming overcrowded, leading to crop failure. After seeds are sown, cover for one to two days to allow seeds to germinate, and then uncover seeds and place under a grow light or in a place in your home that gets a lot of sunshine (rotate crop if next to a window to prevent "bending" in the microgreens). Continue to water when need for up to a week and half. By then, you should have a bounty of little greens to incorperate into your meals.
We Also Recommend
Seed Starting Microgreen Mix
خلطة زراعة البذور والميكروجرين