Red Onion Microgreen
14 to 21 days. Red Burgundy Onion Microgreens are very rich in flavor and nutrients. Put just a couple greens on a sandwich or in a salad and taste the flavor! Best to start tasting small amounts so you can gauge how strong they really are!
Growing Red Burgundy Onion Microgreens
- Presoak: 2-6 hours
- Suitable Growth Medium:Soil
- Germ time: 1-2 days
- Harvest time: 14 to 21 days
- Color: A Vibrant green throughout the whole stem and top
- Flavor: Savory and Garlic-like. Strong onion flavor.
- Shape: Grass-like shape
- Texture: Soft and slightly crunchy
- Nutrients: Vitamins A, B, C, E, and K, folic acid, niacin, potassium, iron, phosphorus, pantothenic acid, calcium, magnesium, zinc, carotenes.
***Note: Although we have indicated the specific medium that this particular seed prefers, you can still experiment with either soil or hydroponic mediums. Results may vary.
GROWING SPRING ONION MICRO-GREENS
SOAKnoThe amount of time your seeds should soak in cool water. Soaking is how we begin the sprouting process in most cases.
RINSE / DRAINnoHow often your seeds should be watered. Rinsing thoroughly and then draining as much water as possible are key components to growing great sprouts.
PLANTDay 1Approximate time you will plant your crop if growing Grass, Greens, or Micro-Greens, after soaking your seeds. If your seeds do not soak they will get planted right off the bat.
HARVEST14 - 21 daysThe time it takes to grow a finished Sprout, or other crop (Micro-Greens, Grass, Greens) from a dry Seed. Note: This "finished" Sprout is our preference. you may grow them for as long as you want! In fact, we suggest that you taste them at every rinse to discover when you like them best.