Grow your own pasta replacement with Vegetable Spaghetti Winter squash seeds. This spaghetti squash is ready in just 80 days, and stores well throughout the winter.
An undamaged squash can last months in the right conditions.
Slice fruit lengthwise, remove seeds, brush with olive oil and season with salt and pepper, roast face down until flesh fluffs out of shell with a fork for spaghetti-like appearance. Serve with marinara sauce or season to taste. Can be stored several months in a cool, dry place.
- Latin Name: Cucurbita pepo
Days to Maturity: 80-100
- Days to Germination: 4-14
- Seeding Depth: 1"
- Plant Spacing: 4-8 feet
- Row Spacing: 4-8 feet
- Plant Height: 9-15"
- Growth Habit: Heavy-spreading mound
- Soil Preference: Medium moist, organic, fertile, well-drained
- Temperature Preference: 60-85 °F
- Light Preference: Full sun
- Vegetable Spaghetti Squash Color: Bright and radiant yellow skin
- Vegetable Spaghetti Squash Flavor: Mild and nutty