Weight: 1.25 kg
Consider these like potato seeds; plant them, and new potatoes will grow out of them. You can wait for the little eyes to sprout further before planting.
Harvested Potatoes Look: Smooth, light-brown skin with creamy yellow flesh.
Flavor: Buttery and rich.
Usage: Great for mashing, boiling, roasting, or in salads. Enjoy their creamy goodness in your dishes! 🥔🍽️
To grow delicious homegrown potatoes, you'll need:
- Spunta Potato Seeds
- Containers or garden bed
- Watering can or hose
Step 1: Choose a Sunny Spot
- Pick a sunny spot in your garden or use containers with drainage.
Step 2: Prepare the Soil
- Use well-draining soil. For containers, use potting soil. Improve garden soil with compost.
Step 3: Planting Seeds
- Dig holes about 7.5 cm deep in the garden or containers, about 10 cm apart.
Step 4: Plant Seeds
- Place the seeds in the holes, spacing them 20-25 cm apart in the garden bed. In containers, cover them with an extra 5 cm of soil.
Step 5: Water
- Water the seeds well at planting. Keep the soil moist but avoid overwatering.
Step 6: Sun and Care
- Ensure your potato plants get 15-20 cm of sunlight daily. Keep them watered, and support them if needed.
Step 7: Harvest
- Potatoes are usually ready in 90-120 days when the plant tops turn yellow. Gently dig around to find them.
Step 8: Enjoy