Marigold Petite Mixture • ماريجولد صغير
Write a review
| Ask a question
56 – 63 days. Petite Mixture marigold seeds are an adorable, compact, and vibrant addition to grow in any home or garden. Marigold seeds are durable and easy to grow, ideal for indoor containers and planters or for a charming border around the flower bed. Petite Mixture seeds are the smallest and one of the most unique varieties of marigolds, perfect to decorate indoors, give as a potted gift, or to keep the butterflies fluttering around the garden. Petite Mixture seeds promise neat and tolerant marigolds ideal for gardens prone to heat, drought, and poor soils.
Growing Petite Mixture Marigold Garden Seeds
- Taxonomy: Tagetes patula
- Other Names: French Marigold
- Seed Type: Annual
- Sow Indoors or Outdoors: Petite Mixture marigold is a hardy full sun performer and most commonly sown directly after the frost but, for earliest blooms, begin seeds 6 – 8 weeks indoors prior to the frost. Marigolds will take 7 – 21 days to germinate in full lighting.
- Days to Maturity: 56 – 63 days
Planting Depth: Plant 2 – 3 seeds ¼” deep
- Plant Spacing: 6”
- Growth Habit: dwarfed 6” tall shrubby mound with a 6” spread of 1 – 2” semi-double and fully double blooms
- Soil Preference: Average, evenly moist, well-drained
- Light Preference: Full sun
- Diseases/Pests/Troubleshooting: Petite Mixture marigold is a vigorous full sun performer native to Mexico and known to tolerate gardens prone to heat, drought, and clay soils. Plants must be properly drained and ventilated are may be susceptible to powdery mildew, root rot, leaf spots, and Botrytis. Marigold has no serious pests but monitor regularly for spider mites and thrips.
- Color: Mix of golden yellow, orange, and sunburst
If you have any questions, please drop us a line with your question.