Aster Giant Flowers
Giant Mix Aster flower seeds grow a playful, robust, and familiar looking annual that can be sown among sunflowers and wildflowers. Crego Giant Mix Aster seeds grow hardy and dazzling Asters reaching as high as 36” tall with a unique seasonal blend of 3 – 4” blooms. Asters promise well-branched stalks that are a floral shop favorite used to brightly excite any seasonal fresh cut arrangement, basket, or bouquet. Crego Giant Mix Aster flower seeds are an ideal and leggy grow to highlight the back of a garden, fence, siding, or any wide open space.
- Taxonomy: Callistephus chinensis
- Other Names: China Aster, Annual Aster
- Seed Type: Annual
- Sow Indoors or Outdoors: Aster seeds are best started indoors 6 – 8 weeks prior to the growing season, with germination occurring in 7 – 10 days with full lighting. Seeds can also be sown directly outside.
- Days to Plant Maturity: 91 – 105 days
- Seed Planting Depth: Plant 3 – 4 seeds ¼” deep
- Plant Spacing: 6 – 8"
- Growth Habit: 18 – 36" tall upright with a 9 – 12" spread of 3 – 4" semi-doubled blooms
- Soil Preference: Rich, consistently moist, well-drained
- Light Preference: Full sun – Partial shade
Flower Colors: Mix of magenta, purple, white, and lavender