Tomato Sungold H
| Ask a question
The famous king of cherries! Sungolds do so well in our climate, a heavy producer that all GCC gardeners love!
sweet and tangy, almost like a fruit.. you will love growing this unique orange cherry!
This vigorous grower produces tomatoes early in the season and is resistant to tobacco mosaic virus and Fusarium wilt. An excellent choice for both home gardeners and fresh-market producers, this cherry tomato variety is a favorite at farmer's markets.
- Latin Name: Lycopersicon lycopersicum 'Sungold'
- Other Names: Sun Gold cherry tomatoes, sungold tomatoes
- Days to Maturity: 57 days
Planting Depth: 1/4”
- Plant Spacing: 14-20” staked; 24-36” unstaked
- Row Spacing: 3’
- Growth Habit: Indeterminate vines, typically growing 3 to 5’ tall; 1” fruit weighing approximately 1 oz.
- Soil Preference: Prefers rich soil with a pH between 6.0 and 6.8; Tolerates slightly acidic soil down to a pH of 5.5
- Temp Preference: Soil at 60-95 degrees F for germination
- Light Preference: Full sun, at least 6 hours per day
Color: Golden orange fruit
- Flavor: Very sweet
57 Days. Very sweet with a delicious fruity flavor. Bright orange cherry tomato. Vigorous growing tomato plants. They grow tall and bear vigorous clusters of beautiful orange cherry tomatoes.