Tomato Cherokee Purple O
A beefsteak-like tomato crop grown for savory notes and alluring dark currant flesh and meat, Cherokee Purple tomato seeds are a truly unique American heirloom that has won the hearts like other colorful slicing favorites Pineapple, Black Krim, and Brandywine.
Growers during the 1990's reintroduced this dated seed crop as it had been forgotten for nearly 100 years.
- Latin Name: Solanum lycoperscium
- Days to Maturity: 80-90
- Days to Germination: 5-14
- Seeding Depth: 1/2"
- Plant Spacing: 18-24"
- Row Spacing: 24-36"
- Plant Height: 36-72" (vining)
- Growth Habit: Tall vining upright
- Soil Preference: Moist, fertile, composted, well-drained
- Temperature Preference: 65-85 °F
- Light Preference: Full sun
- Cherokee Purple Tomato Color: Dark pink with dark purple shoulders, stems may remain green when ripening
- Cherokee Purple Tomato Flavor: Sweet, savory, juicy, with medium acidity