Tomato Roma VF
Solanum lycoperscium. Determinate. Non-GMO. Annual. Organic Roma tomato seeds produce a tangy, meaty flavor that makes them a favorite for tomato paste, sun-dried tomatoes, tomato sauces, and stews.
Organic Roma tomato seeds were originally bred in the 1950's specifically for resistance to Verticillium wilt and Fusarium wilt (VF). They are among the best Roma tomato seeds for growing plum tomatoes in containers because of their determinate growth habit.
- Latin Name: Solanum lycoperscium
- Tomato Type: Determinate
- Other Names: Plum tomato, Italian plum tomato, Pomodoro San Marzano dell'Agro Sarnese-Nocerino
Days to Maturity: 75-80
- Days to Germination: 5-14
- Seeding Depth: 1/2"
- Plant Spacing: 18-24"
- Row Spacing: 24-36"
- Plant Height: 36-72" (vining)
- Growth Habit: Tall vining upright
- Soil Preference: Moist, fertile, composted, well-drained
- Temperature Preference: 65-85 °F
- Light Preference: Full sun
- Organic Roma Tomato Color: Dark right skin and meat
- Organic Roma Tomato Flavor: Extra sweet, juicy, with minimal acid compared to larger tomatoes