Turnip Purple Top
Brassica rapa subsp. rapa.
Purple Top White Globe Turnip seeds grow into cool season root vegetables that are hardy biennials. These bulb-shaped plants are one of the most diverse veggies.
All turnips produce edible leaves and roots, making Purple Top White Globe seeds a gardener’s dream to grow!
- Latin Name: Brassica rapa subsp. rapa
Days to Maturity: 50-60
- Days to Germination: 3-10
- Seeding Depth: 1/2"
- Plant Spacing: 4-6"
- Row Spacing: 12-15"
- Plant Height: 6-12"
- Growth Habit: Bulbous-rooted upright
- Soil Preference: Loose, organic, composted, well-drained
- Temperature Preference: 40-65 °F
- Light Preference: Full sun - partial shade
- Purple Top White Globe Color: Radiant purple root tops and white base beneath the soil
- Purple Top White Globe Flavor: Sweet, smooth, hearty with mild pepper