Waltham Butternut Squash
Waltham Butternut Winter Squash seeds grow as cool season tender annuals that are fast-maturing.
Waltham Butternut Squash can be enjoyed as a sweet or savory dish by baking its velvety texture with cinnamon or making a rich butternut soup.
Waltham Butternut varieties yield oval bell-like shape with bright-orange flesh and tan exterior.
- Latin Name: Cucurbita maxima
- Variety: “Waltham Butternut”
Days to Maturity: 85-90 days
Planting Depth: ½-1"
- Plant Spacing: 4”
- Row Spacing: 6’
- Growth Habit: Spreading-vine
- Soil Preference: Loose, rich and well-drained with pH level 6.0-7.5
- Temp Preference: Warm to cool
- Light Preference: Full sun to partial shade
Color: Bright-orange velvety flesh with tan exterior
- Flavor: Sweet, savory, velvety and nutty
- Germination: 7-14 days
- Temperature Range: 60-85℉