Beetroot White Detroit
55 Days. Beta vulgaris.
Same classic flavor, White beet seeds grow a clean, stainless alternative to traditional messy old-world garden beets.
Widely known as 'sugar beets' for their exclusive sugar content, heirloom Detroit White beet garden seeds are popularly grown for its improved sweetness, which can be a diverse culinary treat pressed, cooked, and cooled into simple syrups or pickled for a prolonged sweet crunch throughout the long growing season.
- Latin Name: Beta vulgaris
- Common Names: Sugar Beet
- Days to Maturity: 55 days
- Seed Planting Depth: ½”
- Seed Spacing: 2-3"
- Garden Row Spacing: 12"
- Beet Growth Habit: Detroit White beet seeds mature into an 8-10" tall garden crop with a 6-8" spread
- Garden Soil Preference: Organically rich, evenly tilled, well-drained
- Grow Temp Preference: Day 60-70° F, Night 50-60° F
- Garden Light Preference: Full sun
- Beet Color: Heirloom Detroit White is famous for clean white, stainless roots and light leafy greens
- Detroit White Flavor: Sweet and crunchy sugar beet