Kohlrabi Early White Vienna
Write a review
| Ask a question
55-70 days. Brassica oleracea var. gongylodes.
Translated from German ‘kohl’ meaning cabbage and ‘rabi’ meaning turnip, the kohlrabi plant is a unique and prolific winter hardy heirloom crop.
Traditionally harvested for its wide and root-like bulb grown above ground, kohlrabi is edible raw from stem, leaf, to tip. Also known as “German turnip”, kohlrabi is an old-world favorite used in kitchens across the map
- Latin Name: Brassica oleracea var. gongylodes
Days to Maturity: 55-70
- Days to Germination: 3-10
- Seeding Depth: 1/2"
- Plant Spacing: 12-15"
- Row Spacing: 18-24"
- Plant Height: 9-12"
- Growth Habit: Bulbous upright
- Soil Preference: Moist, organically fertilized, well-drained
- Temperature Preference: 50-70 °F
- Light Preference: Full sun - partial shade
Early White Vienna Kohlrabi Color: Light green, nearly white skin and flesh
- Early White Vienna Kohlrabi Flavor: Mildy sweet, similar to broccoli stems