Harris is THE parsnip that people think of when they think of parsnips. This has been the standard for years and for good reason. Harris Model has smooth skin, a sweetish-nutty flavor and fine grained flesh. You can expect 12" long roots that are 3-1/2 " at the shoulder. Harvests, stores, and bakes similar to carrot.
- Taxonomy: Pastinaca sativa
- Days to Maturity: 100-120 days
- Days to Germination: 10-28
Planting Depth: ½
- Plant Spacing: 6-9"
- Plant Height: 18-24"
- Row Spacing: 12-18"
- Growth Habit: Leafy taproot
- Soil Preference: Loose, organic, composted, well-drained
- Temp Preference: Cooler, 45-75 °F
- Light Preference: Full sun - partial shade
Color: Creamy white taproot with the same white colored meat in the middle