Spinach Bloomsdale Long Standing O
Write a review
| Ask a question
Bloomsdale Spinach seeds came from Philadelphia in the late 19th century by D. Landreth & Sons Seed Company. The crisp dark-green leaves of this spreading plant are broad, fast-maturing and monoecious.
As a hardy crop, this heavily-savoyed spinach tolerates heat better than others. Organic Bloomsdale Long Standing Spinach provides bright flavor with tender leaves, as this annual is a popular variety to plant in your garden to either juice, sautee, bake or eat fresh!
- Latin Name: Spinacia oleracea
Days to Maturity: 35-50
- Days to Germination: 7-21
- Seeding Depth: 1/2"
- Plant Spacing: 2-4"
- Row Spacing: 12"
- Plant Height: 9-15"
- Growth Habit: Leafy upright
- Soil Preference: Fertile, organic, composted, well-drained
- Temperature Preference: 40-70 °F
- Light Preference: Full sun - partial shade
- Bloomsdale Spinach Color: Dark green and slightly ruffled greens.
- Bloomsdale Spinach Flavor: Savory, mild, with hints of earthy nuttiness